Re: Driver for PC87372

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 02:17:43PM -0600, Michael P Dixon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in obtaining a driver for the PC87372 chip. sensors-detect
> lists it as 'to be written'. I understand that since it is such an old chip
> that it could be very low priority, if it has a priority at all. What kind
> of an effort would it take to produce this driver? The devices page says: *A
> driver has been requested, will be developed upon donation of a board. *What
> are the specifics of this? What kind of board? Any feedback is appreciated.

Hi Michael,

presumably that was supposed to mean a board with the chip on it.

Even with a board, I for my part would not have time for writing a driver.
Given the age of the chip, my expectations for finding someone to write
a driver would be quite low. Any chance doing it yourself ?

Thanks,
Guenter