Re: How values are populated in sysfs enteries in LM73 sensor

On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:58:21 -0800, Romanic Dean wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am going through LM73 sensor implementation and wanted to know
> how different entries in sysfs is populated .
>
> I can see max and min temp. values are hard coded in code itself
>
>  #define LM73_TEMP_MIN           (-256000 / 250)
> #define LM73_TEMP_MAX           (255750 / 250)
>
> But what about the current temp. values ,how it is populated?
>
> Is it read from EEPROM and then populated into sysfs entry temp_input1?
>
> Can anyone let me know these values are populated and what is role of
> EEPROM here?

What makes you think there is any EEPROM involved?

You keep asking vague questions, we can't really help you.

The datasheet is available:
http://www.ti.com/product/LM73

The source code is available:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/hwmon/lm73.c

The driver documentation is available:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/hwmon/lm73

The sysfs interface documentation is available:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/hwmon/sysfs-interface

A brief introduction to user-space tools is available:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/hwmon/userspace-tools

So please read all of these. If you still have question, feel free to
ask, but in a clear way so that we can understand.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support