Possibility to read temperature sensor on registered DDR3 DIMMs?

Hi,

I have a 4-socket system with 256 GB RAM (32 x 8 GB).

Socket 0 shows unstable behavior when running the stream
benchmark. It runs well for some time and then the performance
drops to 50 %. It seems like throttling of some component.

The CPU temperatures are very low and therefore I consider
it a problem with one of the 8 DIMM modules on Socket 0.

Is there any way to read the temperature?

I checked the documentation on the DRAM [0] and it says
that there is a thermal sensor on the DIMM.

There is also some information on thermal sensor information
in [1]. It says: Support for integrating RDIMM thermal sensor
information into Intel SMI Status Frame.

Best regards,
Andreas Hollmann

System information:

4 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 4870  @ 2.40GHz