Re: CPU temperatures not being showed?

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 00:23:39 +0500, Muhammad Umair wrote:
> Also the reason I am trying to use lm-sensors is that because machines in
> our lab with the same configuration are experiencing random spontaneous
> reboots, which may occur with a gap of a few days or may not occur at all.
> The logs show nothing so I was suspecting a hardware problem. Will the
> readings from lm-sensors be atleast reliable enough in those regards? to
> identify if maybe the reboots are somehow temperature related? I was
> planning on scripting a small cron to log CPU temperatures using
> lm-sensors periodically, so I could look at them the next time the machine
> reboots.
>
> Any thoughts on that?

Yes, it is a good idea to use lm-sensors for that. You could use
sensord to log the values, for example. You may want to decrease the
logging interval to say 1 minute, instead of the default 5 minutes, to
increase your chances to catch the problematic conditions (if that's
really what your problem is.)

--
Jean Delvare