Re: Reading SPD on Intel Patsburg on Supermicro X9SRG-F board

On 29 Jan 2014, at 11:55, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Heh, this is a 8-DIMM board. We’ve just ordered a 24-DIMM board, with an eye to a 48-DIMM board.
>
> Right, 8 DIMMs would normally not require multiplexing. But vendors
> like to reuse designs and your 8-DIMM board is probably a "small"
> version of something bigger. My Asus Z8NA-D6 has only 6 DIMMs but it
> has an I2C multiplexer anyway.

Ah, that is likely with an SM board certainly.

>>> (...)
>>> I would suspect it is GPIO; the i2c muxes are typically at address 0x7x
>>> which is empty in above i2cdetect log. The DSDT might give a hint if we
>>> are really lucky. Not that I am any good in decoding DSDTs, though ;-).
>>
>> I followed : https://01.org/linux-acpi/utilities
>>
>> And there is this hunk:
>>
>>    OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, GPBS, 0x20)
>>    Field (GPIO, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
>>    {
>>        Offset (0x0C),
>>        GLVL,   32,
>>        Offset (0x18),
>>        GBLK,   32
>>    }
>
> And can you tell us what GPBS is?

Looks like it’s GPIOBASE.

I’ve never looked at ACPI/DSDT, so I’ve not clue what I’m doing here.

I could send the entire del file, but I don’t want to trouble anyone unnecessarily.

A.

--
Alun Evans