Re: FanControl can not auto"load"

Hi Jean,

Le mardi 28 janvier 2014 à 11:49 +0100, Jean Delvare a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:20:44 +0100, Frederic @ GMX wrote:
> > Le mardi 28 janvier 2014 à 08:12 +0100, Jean Delvare a écrit :
> > > Why did you want to update in the first place? What problem were you
> > > trying to solve?
> > A stupid raison :(
> > 1 - I change my CPU Cooler from a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 to a Scythe
> > Mugen 3
> > 2 - I would like change my CPU to jump to a AMD FX series ... with a new motherboard.
> > 3 - I want make a lm-sensors config to check/remember the links between
> > sensors componants, parameters and fans
> > So, as I beleived I can change this config and swith back with my
> > previous backed-up config ... it was a dream.
> > I forgot the manual install of the downloaded package was not the same
> > way of an "official debian package"
>
> Not that it really matters, but I don't quite understand how any of
> these required updating to the latest version of lm-sensors.
>
> Also note that every motherboard uses different monitoring chips,
> monitoring drivers, and input and output mappings. So there's not so
> much from your old configuration information you will be able to reuse
> on the new system, I'm afraid.
No ! Don't be afraid :)
I don't want to copy config file like that !
It was just for have a step, a file to compare for check point to
modify.

> > > The way services are started at boot time is distribution specific. I
> > > am not familiar with Debian so I can't really help there.
> > I had some doubts about the services.
> > On the donwloaded installation where is set the service startup ?
>
> By default it doesn't install anything related to services. Some
> distributions want systemd service files, some want legacy init
> scripts, so we leave it on the packager / user.
Right.

> > May be there is always the link available and the re-install don't
> > update this informations ?
> > I have to question Google about service on debian distri.
>
> Yes, you'll have to search about services on Debian. Find out how to
> get the list of services, the status of a service, how to change if a
> service should be started at boot, etc. I'm sorry I can't help here but
> it's really distribution-specific and last time I used Debian was in
> 2001. I didn't know much about it and I've forgotten everything
> meanwhile.
No problem.
Question you ask open my eyes.

> > > * Check if the fancontrol daemon is running:
> > >   # ps -ef | grep fancontrol
> >   frederic@X4-955:~$ ps -ef | grep fancontrol
> >   frederic  4355  4312  0 10:56 pts/1    00:00:00 grep fancontrol
> >
> > !!! So it's mean that fancontrol run ???
>
> No. What you're seeing above if yourself searching for a "fancontrol"
> process. If fancontrol was running, you'd see another line.
>
> > but fan are full speed.
> > I run a terminal with :
> > root@X4-955:/home/frederic# /etc/init.d/fancontrol start
> > [ ok ] Starting fan speed regulator: fancontrol.
> >
> > then fan speed slow down !
>
> fancontrol definitely still works, what's not working is the automatic
> start of the service at boot time.
As I wrote, I saw how to check service.
Command line, and there is a GUI for services.
Fancontrol was "disable" !
I switch it enable and ... fixed.
So, I am so confused to bore everyone.

It is a case I will remember, as my boss said : When it's work, DON'T
TOUCH FRED !
:))

Regards and thanks