Re: Unhandled LM90 irq 308 on Dalmore?

On 12/20/2013 08:26 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 12/19/2013 08:16 PM, Wei Ni wrote:
Hi, Paul
When I developed it, my Dalmore board used GPIO 116 (GPIO_PO4) as
interrupt line, but according to our downsttream kernel, there also have
other Dalmore board used GPIO 190 (GPIO_PX6). So I think your
problems was caused by it. Please try to change the interrupt line in
dts file.
Paul, which board revision of Dalmore do you have?

Looks like an A03.

According to the schematics, Dalmore A02 and A03 had TEMP_ALERT routed
to GPIO PX6, and that was the only option. Dalmore A04 and A05 can route
TEMP_ALERT to either GPIO PO4, or GPIO PX6 using 0-Ohm resistors, with
GPIO PO4 being the default stuffing option.

Note that upstream Linux *only* supports Dalmore A04, and no other
version. If you have a different board revision, it's not expected to
work with upstream. IIRC, Eric Brower volunteered to track down the
correct board revision for people working on upstream.

Indeed, that's probably the problem, then

It would be good if this was documented somewhere in the upstream kernel tree. And even better if the kernel was able to read the Dalmore EEPROM and print out a warning upon kernel boot...

thanks,

- Paul