Re: Configuration for motherboard Asus M5A97 PRO

Hi Felipe,

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:54:34 -0200, Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
> I've tried to adjust the values to my motherboard.  The result is
> pasted below.  I hope it can make it to the wiki :).
>
> Cheers!
>
> PS: I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.
>
> # Asus M5A97 PRO
> # http://blog.felipe.lessa.nom.br/?p=93
> chip "k10temp-pci-00c3"
>      label temp1 "CPU Temp (rel)"
>
> chip "it8721-*"
>      label  in0 "+12V"
>      label  in1 "+5V"
>      label  in2 "Vcore"
>      ignore in4
>      ignore in5
>      ignore in6

I'm quite surprised by this, that's a rather uncommon voltage input
mapping. How did you figure it out?

>      compute in0  @ * (515/120), @ / (515/120)
>      compute in1  @ * (215/120), @ / (215/120)

And where do these scaling factors come from?

>      ignore temp3
>      label temp1 "CPU Temp"
>      label temp2 "M/B Temp"
>
>      label fan1 "CPU Fan"
>      label fan2 "Chassis Fan"
>      label fan3 "Power Fan"
>
>      ignore intrusion0

I've added your configuration file at:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/Asus/M5A97-Pro

Thomas, you have the same board and have been asking for a
configuration file for it last week, so you could give it a try. If you
and Felipe share your findings, you may be able to improve Felipe's
initial file (which I suspect needs improvements, but I may be wrong.)

I wrote an article on how to figure out voltage mappings and scales:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/VoltageLabelsAndScaling
The IT8721F has 0.012 mV LSB. If you both gather all the different
values you get in the BIOS for +5V and +12V, we should be able to come
up with something.

Or if any of you have Windows and the Asus monitoring tool installed on
the same machine, even better.

Please keep the list in Cc if you want us to be able to help.

--
Jean Delvare