Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 with SMSC EMC2104 chip

Hi,

I added new adresses to emc2103 driver with no effect. I checked if
the module works  with trying to load i2c-stub module  with 0x2e &
other addresses - it triggers the device detection in the module.= but
of course without success as it is a dummy i2c device.

After that I think I'm beginning to understand how it all works so I
ran i2cdetect

# i2cdetect -l
i2c-0 i2c       i915 gmbus ssc                   I2C adapter
i2c-1 i2c       i915 gmbus vga                   I2C adapter
i2c-2 i2c       i915 gmbus panel                 I2C adapter
i2c-3 i2c       i915 gmbus dpc                   I2C adapter
i2c-4 i2c       i915 gmbus dpb                   I2C adapter
i2c-5 i2c       i915 gmbus dpd                   I2C adapter
i2c-6 i2c       DPDDC-D                         I2C adapter
i2c-7 smbus     SMBus stub driver               SMBus adapter (dummy
driver I played with)

Should I see emc adapter there or not? I think I should.

>From what I understand to instantiate a device from user space proper
entry in /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-... has to exist.

Is it possible that EMC2104 in my laptop is somehow invisible to
OS/i2c bus? I'm sure it is there - I can send You a picture ;-)

Igor