Re: Configuration file for ASUS P8H77-I motherboard

Hi Jean

> I have added it to the wiki:
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/Asus/P8H77-I

Thank you!

>> ignore in7
> in7 is always VSB (+3.3V Stand-By) for this chip according to the
> driver's source code, so it should be labelled as such, not ignored.
> There's probably a note about this in the kernel logs when you load the
> it87 driver.
Unfortunately I can't find any scaling factor for VSB3 voltage. Sometimes in7 = 5.98, sometimes in7 = 4.44 or even 3.91, and I can't see any regularity for this values.
Still no ideas about this in7 parameter. :(

>> compute in0 @+0.06, @-0.06
> I've seen this a few times in the past but electrically it makes no
> sense.

My motherboard uses intel g2020 processor with nominal core voltage 0.92V. Core voltage displays as 0,86V in lm-sensors by default.
In BIOS power management menu core voltage displays as 0.92V, In my guess we needs a "+0.06" correction for this.
Maybe I'm wrong.

>> compute in2 @*(72/12), @/(72/12)
>> compute in3 @*(30/12), @/(30/12)
>> compute in4 @*(1978/1200), @/(1978/1200)
> I'm curious how you came up with this unusual scaling factor?

I used several reverse engineering tricks from this wonderful article:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/VoltageLabelsAndScaling

>> set in4_min 3.3 * 0.90
>> set in4_max 3.3 * 1.05

> The ATX specifications sets the limit to +/-5 % so all these * 0.90
> should really be * 0.95 (or 0.94 if you want to take the resistor's
> imperfection into account.)
Yes, this is my mistake.

Thank you for your comments and recommendations.

--
Best regards!
/Serverov.