Re: apparent bug?

On 08/17/2013 10:26 AM, thuifr wrote:
Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and having trouble getting the sensors detected (assuming that there are any).  I posted this question to askubuntu, and the suggestion was that this is a bug (seems doubtful, but there you are).

The question, with lshw and other data, is here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/333498/

If sensors-detect does not detect a sensor, there are a number of possibilities.

1) There is no sensor.
2) The sensor types are not known to sensors-detect
3) The bus to which the sensors are connected does not have a driver
4) sensors-detect has a bug

I don't see anything in your logs suggesting that the problem would be #4.
Your first step should be to answer #1 to #3 before concluding that there
is a bug in sensors-detect.

FWIW, nothing in the manual suggests that there might be a sensor on this board.
Given that, claiming that there would or even might be be a bug seems to be a bit
far-stretched.

Guenter