Re: HM65 chipset fan control

Thanks Guenter , i hope someone starts working on that soon.

2013/7/29 Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 07/29/2013 02:16 AM, Hakan TÜRÜT wrote:
Hello,
I have a laptop with i5 cpu and hm65 chipset.There is a problem with fan
control.I asked to manufacture  of my laptop what chipset is used in
this pc for control the fan ? They said "Your southbridge controlling
it(HM65 chipset)."lm-sensors auto detect does not detect any fan or
voltage.Is there any path or something ?

Most likely it is through the Intel Management Engine (MEI).
Unfortunately there is no Linux driver available yet to support MEI fan
control.

Guenter