Re: k10temp-pci-00c3 goes from 11 to 0 degrees

Hi Steven,

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 15:02:18 +0200, Steven Vanden Branden wrote:
> hello,
>
> im trying to get my Amd A4-5300 apu temperature readings.
>
> AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (fam: 15, model: 10, stepping:
> 01)
>
> im running on:
> 3.9.4-1-ARCH
> lm_sensors-3.3.4-1

All recent enough, good.

> MSI fm2-a75ma-e35 motherboard
>

> sensor output (i changed to APU temp label)
>
> # sensors
> k10temp-pci-00c3
> Adapter: PCI adapter
> APU Temp:      +0.0C  (high = +70.0°C)
>                        (crit = +70.0°C, hyst = +69.0°C)
>

> this value seems to go up little afther waiting, when rerunning the sensors
> it drops down again to 0.

You wouldn't be the first person complaining about AMD CPU integrated
thermal sensors.

> should i use the fam15h_power module? i tried but it does not work either.

Please describe "does not work" more accurately.

The fam15h_power module would report CPU power consumption. If you are
interested in temperature, this won't help.

> i tried manually deleting and forcing both modules but it seems the the
> module gets loaded right but the temp is not good.
>
> I comfirm the sensor working on windows 7 and in the bios wich is update to
> the latest version (2.0).

Which Windows tool are you running, and what does it detect exactly?

> (...)
> Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
> Found unknown chip with ID 0x1106

So you have an unsupported Super-I/O. Would be great if you could try
to find out what it is. Another user reported a Fintek F71868AD with
that device ID. We don't support it yet, and without a datasheet we
can't support it, but maybe your Windows monitoring tool has support
and the good temperature reading you were seeing is from that chip and
not the AMD CPU integrated sensors.

--
Jean Delvare