Re: Missing Fintek F71868AD chip

Hi,

On 06/08/2013 02:55 PM, Avrel Vor wrote:
Hello,

The mother board MSI FM2-A55M-E33 includes a Super I/O chip Fintek F71868AD.
So far it is not recognised by sensors-detect :
"
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
Found unknown chip with ID 0x1106
"
Is it possible to test a modification of the script to force the use of the driver "f71882gf" with this ID ?
I am afraid of the risk of damaging the mother board...

I don't see a data-sheet for it here:
http://www.fintek.com.tw/eng/products.asp?BID=1&SID=17

So it is impossible to tell. The safe thing to do is to contact fintek for
a datasheet, once we've that we can see if an existing driver can be
easily modified to support this new chip.

Note the 0x11 part of the id suggests it is a newer family then any of the
ones which we do support, still it might be quite similar, we really cannot
tell without a datasheet.

Regards,

Hans