Re: problem: thresholds change to zero after some time

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:44:53 +0100, SP2148421 (at) web.de wrote:
> Hi List,
> I have a strange problem…
> After some running days some sensor thresholds change from their
> original values to zero (in the example below 3VSB, but I have seen this
> for different values)!??? After reboot the machine I got the original
> values again. A reload of the w83627ehf module do not clear the problem.

Running "sensors -s" as root should restore the limits, assuming they
are written down in a libsensors configuration file.

> I recorded no other problems while running the machine.
> I’m not sure is this a Problem of lm-sensors, a hardware failure or a
> compability error? Any ideas?
> Board:
> supermicro x7spa-hf

This kind of board usually has an IPMI interface that can be accessed
through a BMC. Hardware monitoring chip access through two different
interfaces is a typical cause of the issue you're seeing. If the
machine has a BMC and you are using it, you should give up on
lm-sensors entirely and use IPMI tools exclusively.

--
Jean Delvare