i2c-i801 on AppleTV (1st gen)

Hi,

For the OpenELEC project I am looking into enabling the i2c-i801 interface for getting more system information (voltage, temperature, fan).

The AppleTV (1st Gen) has a N10/ICH 7 Family SMBus Controller (8086:27da) device that is supported by i2c-i801, but I haven't been able to get anything to work apart from loading the driver.

  00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 02)
          Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 7270
          Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 19
          I/O ports at efa0 [size=32]
          Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
          Kernel modules: i2c-i801

(Lacking perl, I haven't been able to get sensors-detect working yet. We will have to add perl to the OpenELEC buildsystem for this)

I tried loading all sensors from kernel 3.7.5, to no avail.

Is there something I can do to test whether the i2c SMBus is at all functional ?

PS If needed, I can provide remote access to an AppleTV device.

Kind regards,
--
-- dag wieers, dag@xxxxxxxxxx, http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, info@xxxxxxxxx, http://dagit.net/