Re: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0

	Well, I'm making some progress, but I'm not there, yet.  I removed
the old version of lm-sensors and downloaded and compiled the newest build.
The sensors-detect script now recognizes several sensors, and reports that
k10temp and it87 need to be installed.  Modprobe inserts k10temp just fine,
but it croaks on it87.  I tried running the kernel with
acpi_enforce_resources=lax, but that didn't help, so I downloaded the source
code for it87 from http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/it87.  When I
attempt to run `make`, however, it complains: "*** No rule to make target
`modules'.  Stop."  I don't see anything wrong with the Makefile, but then I
am far from being an expert on Makefiles.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Makefile:

# For building for the current running version of Linux
TARGET		:= $(shell uname -r)
# Or specific version
#TARGET		:= 3.4.16
#TARGET		:= 3.0.39
#TARGET		:= 2.6.32.57

KERNEL_MODULES	:= /lib/modules/$(TARGET)
KERNEL_BUILD	:= $(KERNEL_MODULES)/build
SYSTEM_MAP	:= $(shell if test -r /boot/System.map-$(TARGET) ; then echo
/boot/System.map-$(TARGET) ; else echo $(KERNEL_BUILD)/System.map ; fi)

DRIVER := it87

# Directory below /lib/modules/$(TARGET)/kernel into which to install
# the module:
MOD_SUBDIR = drivers/hwmon

obj-m	:= $(DRIVER).o

.PHONY: all install modules modules_install clean

all: modules

# Targets for running make directly in the external module directory:
modules clean:
	@$(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_BUILD) M=$(CURDIR) $@

install: modules_install

modules_install:
	test -d $(KERNEL_MODULES)/kernel/$(MOD_SUBDIR) || mkdir
$(KERNEL_MODULES)/kernel/$(MOD_SUBDIR)
	cp $(DRIVER).ko $(KERNEL_MODULES)/kernel/$(MOD_SUBDIR)
	depmod -a -F $(SYSTEM_MAP) $(TARGET)