Re: [GIT PULL] hwmon updates for Linux 3.8

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At first I thought that this was caused by me using diff option -d when
> generating the patch originally. However dropping it did change the
> output but still did not lead to what I get when pulling from git.
>
> So I can only suspect that the differences were somehow reformatted by
> the git instance on kernel.org.

All diffing is done at run-time, so it's always the local version that matters.

And it does look like this is one of the fairly rare cases where the
git version matters (probably because the XDL_NEED_MINIMAL flag got
dropped due to some excessive CPU use in extreme cases). I notice that
"git diff --patience" gives something much closer to your local
result.

           Linus