Re: ITE it8603e

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 06:57:28PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:41:03 -0700, David Hubbard wrote:
> > I created a quick patch for sensors-detect to recognize the chip. I'd
> > like to start poking at it to see if the it87 driver can extract any
> > useful information (likely). Rudolf has requested the datasheet from
> > ITE, but in the likely event nothing happens, we thought it would be
> > worth asking you - you know people in the industry. I would be happy
> > to sign an NDA if that will help.
>
> The information I was able to get from my contact at ITE:
>
> * The IT8603E does supports hardware monitoring.
>
> * The chip has a built-in 8-bit ADC, two thermal inputs with mode
>   selection (thermistor / transistor), 5 external voltage inputs +
>   3VSB, AVCC3 and VBAT measured internally. It features limits for all
>   measured values (although probably not for VBAT) and fetching of
>   external temperature values over SST/PECI/AMDSTI/PCH SM-Link.
>
> * The IT8603E does support automatic fan speed control.
>
> * The IT8603E is compatible to some degree with the IT87xxF family.

Will that be good enough for us ? We know way more about IT8771E and IT8772E,
mostly thanks to the code in coreboot and ohm, yet so far declined to add
support for it because we don't have data sheets. Or is it time to add support
for those chips as well, assuming they are compatible to IT8728F ?

Guenter