Re: Getting alarms using lm-sensors

	"Limits" in terms of what?  The chip apparently does not have any
alarming capability.  Do you mean the text is produced by the BIOS?  Odd,
indeed, if so, since the text inside the BIOS utility is quite different.

> Given that (0.99 + 1.21) / 2 = 1.10, it seems clear to me that the
> nominal value for SB is supposed to be 1.10 V. This is also in line
> with the documented OC values of 1.10, 1.12, 1.14 and 1.16 V. The

	The documentation just takes a shortcut.  There are a ton of
available values in the setup utility, starting with 1.10V and going al the
way to 3.0V in .02V increments.  I did select a value of 1.24V in the BIOS,
but the output of `sensors` does not reflect any change.  That may be
because overclocking is disabled, however.

> documented values of 2.98 and 3.00 V OTOH are odd... You never
> overclock a nominal voltage to more than +25%. I can't actually believe
> that your BIOS offers to overclock +1.10V to +3.00V.

Those are the selectable values.

> So it is well possible that you have a real problem here. It would be
> interesting to see if another user with the same board sees similar
> values. If not, maybe your PSU has an issue or you have wrong settings
> in your BIOS. You may also look for a BIOS update, as the ATK0110 ACPI
> code comes with the BIOS.

The latest BIOS released by the manufacturer is installed - 2702 released
05/30/2011.  It is an Asus Crosshair II Formula motherboard.

> This is an UTF8 vs. non-UTF8 issue. You are running "sensors" with an

I thought it was something like that.

> UTF8 locale, but the e-mail you send apparently lacks proper encoding
> information. This can be solved in two ways: either set the locale to
> non-UTF8 when you run "sensors" (LANG=en_US sensors), or add some
> encoding parameter to the mail command (my version claims utf-8 to be
> the default but apparently that's not your case.)

I don't see anything obvious in the man page, but I will look through the
config files, or perhaps I can specify the language coding when I run mail.
OTOH, in actuality, the use of the degree symbol is incorrect.  The term
45.0°C implies a DIFFERENCE in temperature of 45°C between two bodies.  The
absolute temperature is referenced as 45C.  Thus, there is a huge difference
between 45C and 45K (273.15°), but 45°C and 45°K mean precisely the same
thing.

Anyway, thanks, again.