Re: high value for CPUTIN

No. Problem is that PECI does not report an absolute temperature, but the
difference to Tjmax, which is the maximum CPU temperature (reported as critical
temperature by coretemp). The NCT6776F has a register which needs to be programmed
to that value. Usually that is done in the BIOS. Looks like the BIOS did not
program the correct value on your board.

I see. However, if this NCT6776F register were wrongly programed, it seems
to me like there should be a systematic error in the reported temperature.
However, this is not what I am observing. For instance, the value of PECI 0 in
my first post (showing the complete output) was 33.5C, with all the other
temperatures (except CPUTIN) in a close range. Now its value is about 30C (+/-
1C, I am following it with xsensors), again in close agreement with the other
readings.

So, it seems to me like something else caused yesterday that PECI 0 had
reported a value over 10C below "normal". Two things come to my mind: an
erratic failure of this device, or that previously to the reported low
reading, I had booted to Win 7 and installed SpeedFan 4.47 (as a check about
the high value reported for the CPU).

I will keep looking at the PECI 0 value as summer comes here shortly...

In any case, are the values reported by Core 0 to 3 more reliable?

Alejandro