Re: No such subfeature known when sensors -s

On 09/17/2012 09:43 PM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 06:19:34PM +0100, MrNice wrote:
[ ... ]

I had a look on the NCT5577D datasheet but it's not for me ;-)
So I tried your commands in a file named cpufan:
#!/bin/bash
isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
isaset -y -f 0x2e 0x87
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x7 0x8
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0xf0 0xb2
isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0xf1 0xf2

I have this error
sudo ./cpufan
Data mismatch, wrote 0x87, read 0xff back.
Data mismatch, wrote 0x87, read 0x09 back.

Nothing more with sensors
What can I do?
I am out of ideas. At this point I would need a board to be able to play with
it. Reboot and live with it...

Guenter

For the last few days I was testing different programs to monitor M/B and CPU with Ubuntu and Windows 7, FYI:
AMD Overdrive
Core Temp
Hardware Monitor
None has the good values and are complete.

AMD Overdrive
has the 2 chassis fan value but not the CPU_fan pwm. It has a board temp TMPIN1 value (64.7 degrees C) very high compare to other program. I can't find what is TMPIN1.
It has a CPU temp (around 7 degrees C) so this is Tctl.

Core Temp
has CPU temp around 6 degrees C, so this is Tctl.
has "Tj. Max:" 70 degrees C.
More info here for the Tj. Max definition:
http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=892
Do you agree with 70 C for the AMD FX-8120 CPU?
This program has no fan value area.

Hardware Monitor
has AUXTIN in the same way than sensors. Wrong value, should be idle like with sensors.
has CPU Core temp around 6 C, so this is Tctl.
This program has no fan value area.

This afternoon, for some reason, sensors has CPU_Fan1 pwm value again:
fan1:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
CPU_Fan1 pwm: 1036 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
fan3:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
fan4:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan5:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM

this value is right compared to UEFI.
Do you want some info to understand why it's appear again?
Let me know.

Question: What program do you advise to heavy load the CPU and get higher temp?

JP