Re: Some doubts with fancontrol

FWIW, the driver recommends using mode 2 (auto mode). That means you don't
really need fancontrol to start with. If supported, auto mode is preferred
since it works outside the OS: it will keep working even if the OS hangs.

So the real question here is why you try to use fancontrol to start with.

I tried fancontrol because during previous weeks outside temperature was hotter and CPU reached more than 70 degrees when busy and not using fancontrol. I was worried I could damage my hardware.

But if you say that it's better to not use fancontrol, I'll follow your advice.