Monitoring FPGA

Hello I am Rakesh. I want to know if there are any vendor provided library APIs to query FPGA utilization, health, temperature etc. from the application level for developers. I am a student and I am planning to develop an FPGA monitoring tool in a heterogeneous Linux cluster. Or if I have to start everything from scratch what is the procedure? Does lm sensors help me with this? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you. Please send a mail to knrakeshkumar@xxxxxxxxx