Re: Output problem with adcxx on at91

Marc,

No problem at all, better for it to be accessible to others in case they run across similar issues.

No kidding? As far as I know the at91rm9200 is essentially the grandfather of the at91sam9g20 I am using now; similar design but two revisions older.

As of yesterday afternoon I myself have begun to suspect there could be a problem with the spi controller hardware within the mcu. I have also been working with the board manufacturer in solving this problem as well. In an attempt to troubleshoot  your driver I was comparing it with a different kernel driver recommended by my board manufacturer (Micromint) that was written by another customer. This particular driver has apparently been well received, however, I have yet to have any luck getting it to work. Even when a representative from the company sent it to me precompiled and tested, I still had no lluck getting it to work in an identical environment.

Now I know the ADC works because I have userland code which directly accesses the ADC and I get correct output.  Note that this code completely bypasses the atmel spi controller and operates directly on the ADC128S052s registers. Suspicious right?

I assume you are using the atmel-spi driver as the master controller driver correct? If so, did you make any modifications to it at all?

Thanks for your help guys.

John