Re: Lifebook E8020, no sensors

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:26:31 +0200, Michael Markusch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an old Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8020 notebook. Since Ubuntu 9.??
> update I can not read CPU temperature by lm-sensors. Before that it was
> possible to display the temperature, but I can not say how I did it. I
> guess, I used coretemp... Now, the notebook runs with
> Ubuntu 12.04 and the problem is the same, see the log-files.
>
> What could be the problem?

I'm not sure. Please try:
* The latest version of sensors-detect:
  http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/files/sensors-detect
  recommend it.

If that doesn't work, please provide the contents of /proc/cpuinfo. I
admit I am surprised because your CPU supposedly has feature DTS (so
coretemp should work) although product number is 13 when I thought DTS
was first implemented with family 14.

Do you have a special file named /dev/cpu/0/cpuid after loading the
cpuid driver?

--
Jean Delvare