Re: sensors-detect changed screen's vertical rate

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:24:15 +0300, Numan DEMİRDÖĞEN wrote:
> >> Indeed, two of the 6 writes stuck, but the ones at 0x2b and 0x2f did
> >> not. Can you just try these two again and see if it works better this
> >> time (after a cold boot)?
> >
> > Hm, I meant: at 0x3b and 0x3f.
>
> I gave related commands and after that made a cold boot but resolution
> did not changed.
> New i2cdump: http://pastebin.com/KExUrapp

Hmm. I'm afraid I am somewhat out of ideas. I just can't get why you
would be able to write at some offsets and not others :( Unfortunately
the critical one here is 0x3b.

One trick we can try is writing words instead of bytes, but honestly
the hope is rather low that it will work any better:

# i2cset -y 2 0x50 0x3a 0x2050 w
# i2cset -y 2 0x50 0x3e 0x3010 w

--
Jean Delvare