Location for ADC driver

Hi,

I'll start porting a driver for the ST SPEAr600 SoC internal ADC in a short
while. First I thought it would be located in drivers/hwmon with its
infrastructure. Then I noticed the drivers/staging/iio/adc directory.

So my question is, where should such an SoC internal ADC driver best be
placed? hwmon or iio/adc? Or can I choose freely?

Thanks,
Stefan