Re: asus_atk0110: i8042: keys get stuck and keyboard stops responding

2012/3/22 Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Not really, I _suspect_ that there's a bug in the BIOS, but I wasn't
> able to confirm it; maybe it's something that the driver does.
> In the thread that you link Javier never replied with the results of the test.
> Furthermore the bug does not seem to affect all the users of that
> board, it may be BIOS and/or board revision dependent.

The interesting part is that a month or so after I reported my
experiences, the NVidia card on the machine failed and I replaced it
with a low end Radeon card. _The bug has not appeared  ever since._ So
I basically put the machine into service and forgot about the problem
(sorry!).

Due to the nature of the problem though, I wouldn't be sure to blame
NVidia -- but I guess the bug also depends on PCI configuration,
cards, etc.

I can try to get the machine back, figgle with PCIe cards and try to
reproduce the problem again, but this will be hard for me -- I need
the machine working ATM. Maybe during vacation.

Javier.