Re: Chip missing from the drivers list.

On 02/24/2012 08:17 AM, Enrique wrote:
Hello,

my name is Enrique and after looking how to monitor the temperature of
the system in my computer with lm-sensors, it turn up that my chip
"Nuvoton W83677HG-I Super IO Sensors" is not supported yet.

This mail is to make you know about this, and also that I'm up to help
with the testing.

Best regards,

Enrique.

Enrique,

I have the same chip in my system. Guenter helped me get it working. Luckily, this chip is already supported in the latest version. If you get Guenter's driver for the NCT6776F (http://roeck-us.net/linux/drivers/) and pull the latest trunk of lm-sensors from the repository, then you should be good to go. I did have to add

w83627ehf

to my /etc/modules file. I'm not sure what distro you are using, but that worked on Ubuntu x64 11.10 with the 3.0.0-16-generic kernel.

Good Luck
-Lee