Re: next 17 checkpatch patches

2012/1/8 Guenter Roeck <guenter.roeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Frans,

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 11:23:29AM -0500, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've examined some more files for checkpatch problems.
> After this I'll post 17 patches.
> checkpatch lists no problems with them
> They are all compile tested
>
> Within the files I address some problems are not resolved:
>
> There were a few places where lines were a few chars too long but were not easy
> to break
> (e.g. because it was a long URL).
>
> There was one place where a macro needed a do while(0); didn't peek at that one
> yet
>
> And on a place there were two assignments in an if. Previously on a different
> case Jean told me
> it was intentional, therefore I did not touch it
> (I did touch a few places where there was a single assignment within an if).
>
> I might be doing a few more of these later today or next few days.
> There are still about 50 files with errors or warning left. However, I have
> kinda picked the low hanging fruit (= the files that only have a few errors).
>
> Best regards, Frans
>
> PS: I did not bother to report the details of the checkpatch errors that were
> fixed in the commit message.

Would be great if you could do that, though. Not in the headline, but in the text.
Otherwise, I or Jean would have to do it, for which we don't necessarily have the time.

> For some of the files that still are to be done that would result in commit
> messages of > 100 lines (and not too useful).

That is why you do it in the explanation, not in the headline ...

Another nitpick: We commonly use

hwmon: (drivername) This is a commit message

as commit headline. Not much difference, but it would save us a couple of minutes
if you could do that as well.

Patches look good, except for the last one for which I sent you separate feedback.
Would be great if you could resubmit the series with the above changes.

Thanks,
Guenter

Will fix, thanks for the quick reply.
It'll take an hour or so, I need to revert all paches and regenerate the checkpatch output (I already nuked that one)