Re: i2cdetect running slow but not "bus inactive" slow, not sure why?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:00:35AM -0500, Wayne Tams wrote:
> Hi Guenter,
>
> Turns out it was an I2C voltage translator had popped, thankfully all
> my I2C devices are ok. Did not realise i2cdetect could behave in such
> a peculiar way.

Hi Wayne,

please don't top-post.

Nothing to do with i2cdetect, but with the i2c bus driver. i2cdetect tries to read,
and the bus driver ends up getting a transfer timeout for each read. Depending on
the I2C bus chip and the driver, timeouts can be _very_ long, up to 500ms per read
or even more.

Guenter