Re: Kernel module asus_atk0110

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 19:44:30 +0530, Charles wrote:
> On 05/12/11 18:33, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > It's not easy to do, proper detection would require the full ACPI
> > stack in userspace.
> >
> [snip]
> > You shouldn't need to load the driver manually; if it's not
> > auto-loaded then your board is not recognized by the driver.
> > ASUS has changed the ATK0110 interface from time to time, so hopefully
> > a few tweaks is all that's needed.
> > Please send me a copy of this file:
> > /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT
>
> Thanks Luca :)
>
> Slackware loads (auto-loads?) modules via the /etc/rc.d/modules symlink.
>  One problem may be that I am using a symlink target manually edited
> from the 2.6.33.4 version instead of the 2.6.38.7 version.

The asus_atk0110 driver should be loaded by udev, this is not
distribution-dependent.

> ACPI modules in the original 2.6.33.4 version, commented out ready for
> uncommenting by the sysadmin include (I have omitted "obviously"
> irrelevant ones): button, fan, processor and thermal.  I disabled
> acpi-cpufreq in favour of cpufreq_ondemand.  Would you like me to try
> any changes?

acpi-cpufreq is a cpufreq driver, cpufreq_ondemand is a governor, you
can't trade one for the other. Not sure what you were trying to
achieve... This is not related to asus_atk0110 anyway.

> I temporarily commented out w83627ehf and added asus_atk0110 then
> removed kernel option acpi_enforce_resources=lax, rebooted and created a
> file by catting /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT which I am sending you
> off list.

The question is, does "sensors" output anything with only the
asus_atk0110 driver loaded? If not, hopefully Luca will be able to
figure out why from the DSDT.

--
Jean Delvare