[f75387] modifying f75375s module

Dear list,

at the moment I modify the existing f75375s kernel module for supporting the current Fintek model f75387 (which is being recognized by sensors-detect but yet unsupported). My configuration is CentOS 5 + kernel 2.6.39 + lm_sensors 3.3.1.

One of the main differences between the two models is that the 75387 has 11-bit temperature read in contrast to 8-bit with the older model. Up to now, I managed the 11-bit part by converting some lines out of the lm63 source code. The temperature reading of the 75387 with the modified kernel module code seems now to be valid, so the module really seems to operate the chip.

However, I defined some labels in /etc/sensors3.conf. These labels do not appear in the sensors command. When strace'ing the sensors command I see that the /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/in0_label and all other label files do not exist.
Additionally, the thresholds defined in sensors3.conf are not written to the appropriate files in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device, although the threshold files temp1_max and others do exist. I can define them manually by just echo'ing the threshold value into temp1_max. Then the command sensors does show the right threshold.
The "ignore" statements (e.g. ignore fan1) also do not have any effect.

So this is my question: Which are the prerequisites for the module to create the label files and to set the thresholds on module load?

(..or is this in the end a question for the kernel list..?)

Best Regards
Björn Gerhart

WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht Paderborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführer: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzender), Stefan Auerbach, Dr. Jürgen Wunram
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Karl-Heinz Stiller
Steuernummer: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE44477193

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.