Cross Compiling for ARM

Hello,

This is my first time sending an email to a mailing list, so please bare with me. I have an Embedded ARM-Linux system running kernel version 2.6.27 and I wanted to cross compile lm-sensors version 3.3.1 onto it. I am a little familiar with cross compiling and editing makefiles for my device. When I change "CC" in the make file from gcc to arm-linux-gcc, it compiles fine, but when I transfer the program files onto my Embedded system and attempt to run "sensors", it tells me "sensors: '/lib/libsensors.so.4' is not an ELF file". What could I possibly change in the makefile to make the libraries compile properly with the ARM-Linux environment?

Thanks to anyone who reads this.