Query regarding temperature readings

Hi Team,

My problem with lm_sensors while reading temperature is as follows:

When I execute sensors command directly at the terminal, the temperature is output to the terminal correctly.

But when I execute sensors from a c program using the system() function, the temperature output to the terminal is more than the actual temperature.
Through a C program the output temperature is always atleast 8 to 10 degree centigrade higher.

Why does this problem arise? I am reading the temperature in an incorrect way through C program?
Is there a better way to obtain temperature through C code?