Re: AMD Phenom II Family 16h

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 08:06:19PM -0400, Pablo Fabian Wagner Boian wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I've got a question regarding AMD Phenom II Family 16h. I'm using the k10temp
> which appear to be the lastest (the stand alone one, downloaded from lm-
> sensors.org), and it gives me a temp not matching the real (about -10ºC diff
> between them). And, should it provides me a temp reading for all cores? (6 in
> my case), because I got only one.

I can not comment on the accuracy, but the k10temp module reads the temperature
from the northbridge, and there is only one no matter how many cores your chip has.
I guess the chip only reports the package temperature, not the per-core temperature.

Having said that ... the driver officially only supports up to family 15h as far
as I can see. Did you patch it, or does it just work ?

Thanks,
Guenter