hwmon and uevents

Hi all,

another question which just came up, somewhat related to the SYSFS question:

If and how should the hwmon subsystem support uevents ?

So far we have the gpio-fan driver which generates a generic uevent, plus we have
two driver submissions which if accepted would also generate uevents. The gpio uevent
is generic, as is the omap4 driver. The EXYNOS4, however, introduces uevents
with driver specific context information.

Couple of questions. Do we want to support uevents as a generic mechanism ? If yes,
in what context ? In other words, independent of sysfs support, or as secondary mechanism ?
If we do want to support uevents, do we need an ABI to standardize uevent messages ?

Thanks,
Guenter