asus_atk0110 and suspend-to-disk

Hi Luca,

Since a few days now, my wife has a new system based on an Asus P5QL Pro
motherboard, which uses your asus_atk0110 driver. She noticed that,
with this new board, CPU fan speed bumps to maximum when resuming from
suspend-to-disk (hibernation.) In the BIOS I have set the CPU fan speed
control to silent mode, and apparently system-to-disk loses the
setting, so the fan goes to full speed on resume. Very annoying.

Have you ever heard of this problem?

I understand that the asus_atk0110 driver only reads from the
monitoring device and doesn't attempt to configure it, so I very much
doubt it is related to the problem in any way. But do you think there is any way to
save and restore the settings at suspend/resume through the ATK0110
interface so that they aren't lost?

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare