Re: Logging and plotting

On 3/18/2011 2:11 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
Is there a way to log the sensors from a server over say, a 24 hour
period, and plot the results?

I use a Perl-based CGI called Systemgraph:
http://www.decagon.de/sw/systemgraph/

Systemgraph collects the data in RRDtool databases on the host machine being measured. As long as the host is "up" and "crond" is running, Systemgraph will quietly collect data. Impact to system resources, even on an Intel Atom 230 CPU or VIA C7-D 1.5GHz CPU is minimal in my experience.

In my case I use Fedora Core. The FC RPMs also worked for me under RHEL6 (Scientific Linux 6.0). I have used Apache and BOA as the web server for Systemgraph. OpenSuse, Gentoo and Slackware are also supported. Source code is available.

Setup should take about 15 minutes or less. Install the appropriate files. Edit the Systemgraph config file. Possibly make minor edits to one or more of the Systemgraph Perl scripts (usually rrd_health.pl which handles sensors that LM_Sensors would talk to). Wait for the data to display.