Re: coretemp output changed after loading acpi_cpufreq module

09.02.2011 19:06, Philip Pokorny ÐÐÑÐÑ:
Can you also read fan speeds?  Is there a fan on the CPU?  Some Atom
systems have a fan on the northbridge but not on the CPU itself.

Are there any other temperature sensors in the system for comparison?
At this time - no. We wait adding support of Fintek F71869FG chip (which is in Hans TODO list).
Anyway, I think it is not root of problem, because my system is fanless.
MB - Jetway NC9C-550-LF - http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/NC9C.html

>  gentoo ~ # modprobe acpi_cpufreq
>  gentoo ~ # sensors
>  coretemp-isa-0000
>  Adapter: ISA adapter
>  Core 0:      +37.0ÂC  (crit = +100.0ÂC)
>
>  coretemp-isa-0001
>  Adapter: ISA adapter
>  Core 1:      +41.0ÂC  (crit = +100.0ÂC)
>
>  It's normal?
>  I think, second output is much closer to BIOS values.

Again, if we knew more about other sensors or fans in the system, this
might be explained by acpi also stopping the fan when the CPU is idle
because CPU power is known to be so low and without a fan, thermal
margins are stil met (100degC)
If I run (after reboot), for example, cpuburn - and run commands, liste above, I have got same results - coretemp get values, that about 2 time more.
If you don't have sensors, can you simply look or listen to the system
when you load the acpi-cpufreq module?  Does anything change?
No.