Re: How to distinguish sensors on Xeon multi-socket system

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:36:09 +0300, 4ernov wrote:
> Before the problem appeared (I think, pre-2.6.32 kernels or so) there
> were sensors for every core, too, but as I remember they used to have
> labels 'Core 0' to 'Core 7', so without similar ones.

Please don't top-post.

Yes, the driver used to do this and it was a bug (it presented two
4-core CPUs as if it was a single 8-core CPU), and it was fixed. What
you call "a problem" is actually a bug fix. The fact that poorly written
applications can't cope with the change is unfortunate, but this is a
bug you have to report to their authors, not to us.

--
Jean Delvare