Re: Identifying i2c devices on Asus P8P67 sandybridge motherboard

On 01/27/2011 12:14 PM, Jean Delvare wrote:
I am surprised by the tRAS though, it seems way too high, there may be a
bug in the script.

It should be 6-8-6-24.

Really? Is this what memtest86 is report? It's a long time since I last
saw a memory module with the 3 first digits not being the same.

memtest86 seems to hang or reboot. I am now quite confused because the part number that I ordered was OCZ3P11600C6LV4GK and was listed on newegg as having 6-8-6-24 timings. That is the part number listed on the retail packaging, but the SPD decodes with decode-dimms ( release 3.0.3 ) as having part number OCZ3P1600C6LV2G with 7-7-7-33 timing. The Asus bios has an SPD decode utility that agrees with the part number, but shows 7-7-7 for cas, trcp, trp, but 16 for tras, not 33. Despite showing tRas as 16 in the SPD, it defaults to driving it at 18. It also lists a bunch of additional timings, none of which are 33. I can find neither part number on OCZ's web site.