Re: Erratic value of MCH temp. (0C), while BIOS value correct (40C).

Hi Luca,

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 13:49 +0100, Luca Tettamanti wrote:

Sorry for the delay :)
No problem :-)
I've updated the driver to automatically select the correct interface
on your board.
Compile and load it without any additional parameter.
It's working fine.

I have looked into your source and would like to suggest to change the comment in line 33, which reads:

    /* Old interface has broken fan monitoring */

The main problem with the old interface was that it didn't communicate the MCH temperature. The MCH happens to be the hottest component on this MB, so I want to keep an eye on it.

The confusion about the labeling of the different fans is rather trivial.
There are 6 fan connectors on the MB, all properly labeled. One of them has the label NB_fan, although there is no North Bridge fan on this board. That's just careless of Asus. I think I connected one of the chassis fans to this connector.

So I would suggest that you change the comment in line 33 to:

    /* Old interface has broken MCH temperature monitoring */

When you think it is usefull I can verify whether the different fan connector labels are properly displayed in the BIOS output and in the output of the sensors command.

Joris