Re: Testing LM-Sensor Support of SCH5127 in Acer easyStore H340

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 14:46:39 +0100, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> > Do you happen to know if any of these are internal (so that the
> > mapping/label doesn't depend on the system)? This would help. in2 and
> > in6 would be candidates, maybe in5 as well.
>
> From the datasheet it looks like in2, in5 and in6 need to be wired as
> specified otherwise the chip will not work properly under certain
> conditions. VTR is the standby voltage and if standby mode is not
> required, could be connected to VCC externally.

I propose the following default configuration file section for the
SCH5217:

chip "sch5127-*"

   label in2  "+3.3V"
   label in5  "3VSB"
   label in6  "Vbat"

> > Do you have any clue what
> > "VTR" stands for?
>
> VTR is the ATX standby voltage also called trickle voltage (courtesy
> of google :-)

Strange, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX doesn't mention either VTR or
trickle voltage. It does mention "+5 V standby" though (purple wire.)

Anyway, I think we can assume this is what other chips name "3VSB".
Which is strange though because apparently ATX has a +5V stand-by but
no +3.3V standby. So I guess that 3VSB/VTR is actually 5VSB with a
scaling factor, either internal or external.

> > For internal voltages we can put the labels in the default
> > sensors3.conf file, to help the users.
>
> Ah. I just realized that the SCH5127 has another voltage input that
> the other dme1737 clones don't have but which isn't exposed through
> the driver. Register 0x1f, nominal 1.5V, max 2.0V.

Ah ah! Very interesting. It could be where Jeff's mysterious +1.5V is
connected! Could you write a patch adding support?

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare