Re: asus_atk0110 causes mouse and keyboard freeze in kernel 2.6.36 on P7P55D-E PRO

Please use "reply all"

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Billy DeVincentis <billydv1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/04/2010 08:12 AM, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
>>
>> Please reply to all, don't trim the CC list.
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Billy DeVincentis<billydv1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Âwrote:
>>>
>>> Â Â Â Â Okay, I have tried booting with the acpi=force irqpoll and this
>>> does
>>> nothing more than make the system slow and unusable, but on the other
>>> hand,
>>> the mouse and keyboard don't freeze.
>>
>> irqpoll it's just a band aid; can you access the machine using the
>> network (e.g. ssh)?
>
> Yes, always.

Ok, excellent. When the keyboard freezes ssh into the machine and take
a snapshot of /proc/interrupts, then press a few keys and take another
snapshot.
Please also send me the dmesg (after the lock up).

Are you able to compile a custom kernel?

Luca