Re: Intel ICH8/QST Support

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 18:49 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:35:19PM -0400, Matthew Manuel wrote:
> > Should it be possible to add support for these now that the SDK was released?
> >
> > http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel_Quiet_System_Technology_Software_Development_Kit/
> >
> The programmer's reference manual points to http://www.openamt.org for a linux driver.

The driver just does a transport of commands from/to the firmware.
It pity though it was never merged upstream.

The so long waited QST SDK however specifies what to send, and it looks
good.
The PDF included nice detailed description of QST 2.0, while SDK sources
(which are more or less useless other that a good source of
documentation, contain headers that declare commands for QST 1.0, so it
really all covered. More that that, I see that it even included
description on how to manually control the fans if BIOS didn't lock that
up, and passthrough mode to talk to sensors (again if bios didn't lock
that).

Cool stuff it seems.
Too bad it took so many years, my desktop is quite old now.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky