Possible to set up fancontrol to control 1 fan by monitoring 2 temperature sensors?

Hello all,

Hoping someone here can help me set up fancontrol to control a single CPU fan but monitor the temperature sensors on each of the CPU cores?

I have a dual core CPU and a single CPU fan on my motherboard running Ubuntu Server 10.04. If I run 'sensors' I see (irrelevant details removed):

$ sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0: +30.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 1: +33.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

w83627thf-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1: 3563 RPM

Now, if I run pwmconfig it correctly identifies everything and asks me if I wish to set up the PWM. I answer yes and it then asks me which temperature sensor I want to monitor in order to control the fan.

Here lies the problem, I can pick either of the sensors (I assume there is one on each core, certainly 2 are detected) but I actually want to monitor both - or more accurately I want to monitor whichever is hottest and control the fan depending on the higher value. Anyone know whether this is possible?

If I setup the pwmconfig to monitor Core 0 and control fan 1 it produces:

INTERVAL=10
DEVPATH=hwmon0=devices/platform/coretemp.0 hwmon2=devices/platform/w83627hf.656
DEVNAME=hwmon0=coretemp hwmon2=w83627thf
FCTEMPS= hwmon2/device/pwm1=hwmon0/device/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon2/device/pwm1=hwmon2/device/fan1_input
MINTEMP= hwmon2/device/pwm1=25
MAXTEMP= hwmon2/device/pwm1=35
MINSTART= hwmon2/device/pwm1=150
MINSTOP= hwmon2/device/pwm1=100

Looking through the documentation for fancontrol I see that you can add additional key values to each line for I added:
hwmon1=devices/platform/coretemp.1 to DEVPATH
hwmon1=coretemp to DEVNAME
and then:
hwmon2/device/pwm1=hwmon1/device/temp1_input to FCTEMPS

so I end up with:

INTERVAL=10
DEVPATH=hwmon0=devices/platform/coretemp.0 hwmon1=devices/platform/coretemp.1 hwmon2=devices/platform/w83627hf.656
DEVNAME=hwmon0=coretemp hwmon1=coretemp hwmon2=w83627thf
FCTEMPS= hwmon2/device/pwm1=hwmon0/device/temp1_input hwmon2/device/pwm1=hwmon1/device/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon2/device/pwm1=hwmon2/device/fan1_input
MINTEMP= hwmon2/device/pwm1=25
MAXTEMP= hwmon2/device/pwm1=35
MINSTART= hwmon2/device/pwm1=150
MINSTOP= hwmon2/device/pwm1=100

So, my question, is the above actually doing what I require? Listening, the fan appears to alternate sometimes (faster and slower) so I am concerned that it monitors one core and adjusts the fan, then on the next interval monitors the second and adjusts the fan, and just alternates between each rather than what I actually want which is for the fan speed to be determined by the hotter of the 2 cores.

Anyone have any suggestions on this? Can /etc/fancontrol be modified to adjust a single fan based on the hottest of 2 (or more) temperature sensors?

Many thanks,
Steve