Re: sensors.conf for DFI LP MI P55-T36 (it8720-*)

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:18:20AM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:

> > The bottom line is that your chip is properly configured and won't be
> > affected by the fix I'm working on.

Many thanks for doing this.

> > Also note that you could improve your configuration file by adding the
> > following:
> >
> >    label  in3  "+5V"
> >    label  in7  "5VSB"
> >    compute  in3  @ * (6.8/10+1), @ / (6.8/10+1)
> >    compute  in7  @ * (6.8/10+1), @ / (6.8/10+1)

Thanks! I have updated my sensors.conf at
http://www.eso.org/~llundin/sff/sensors.conf

For in[01256] I assumed that the reported value _is_ the voltage.
Is this a valid assumption?

> Oh, and while we're here, in4 is +12V. This is confirmed by this
> snapshot I've found:
> http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6122/dmip55os2.png
>
> The only missing thing is the scaling factor. Apparently it's not the
> standard one, otherwise it would read between +10.48 V and +11.32 V on
> your system, which is definitely too low.
>
> Is +12V really not displayed in the hardware monitoring section of your
> BIOS? This is very surprising.

The +12V is displayed in the BIOS, an example readout is 11.776V, see
http://www.eso.org/~llundin/sff/p1010501_800x600.jpg

Based on your comments it is now apparent that the voltages displayed in
the BIOS are reported by sensors in the exact same order. I guess I didn't
realize this because I didn't know that (some of) the voltages would
need scaling by sensors.

In one case `sensors` report in4 as 2.62V. If you have a suggestion for
how to determine the in4 scaling factor then I will be happy to help.

(I wonder if this could have the slightest relevance, but my board is