Re: Simple fan question

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 01:21, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks !
>
> I'm writing some support for d-link dns323 rev C1 NAS. It has a fan that
> is controlled by some non-programmable PWM circuit. Basically, all I can
> do is tweak to GPIOs that controls the feed into the circuitry for the
> fans to be off, slow or fast.
>
> I don't know what the actual PWM values are for "slow" or "fast". I
> -might- be able to do some measurements but I can't promise it.

Are you doing it for debian installation on DNS-323? I know, it
existed, but surprised it did not have fan control...
Have you looked at fan control for standard firmware included in
funplug? I think dns323-fan source is available and can set exact fan
RPM...

--
DG
NJ